Last night, I finished my armband for Tania.
I cast on 20 stitches and knit for 8 3/4 inches. Then I used the colour charts provided on the microRevolt website to make the 149 with intarsia. I then knit for 5 rows and divided for the button holes as follows:
- k 6, turn work, and knit the same 6 stitches in stockinette for 8 rows.
- Break yarn, and then knit 8 stitches on left hand needle for 8 rows.
- Break yarn, and then knit remaining 6 stitches for 8 rows.
- Purl across all 20 stitches to join.
- Knit across picking up the loose cross-yarn over the two buttonholes and knitting it together with the next stitch.
I then knit another 5 rows and bound off. I used chain stitch to outline the button holes and the edge of the armband.
I used handspun and hand dyed yarn – a gift from the old woman who used to live in my borough. I thought it was fitting.
I’ll post better pictures tomorrow, along with #148: Md. Maruf Hossain.